Monday 11 June 2012

Hide and Seek

Disguising wig? Check.
Shady glasses? Check.
Dark trenchcoat? Check.

It's time to investigate.



HA. Yeah right. I obviously mixed up investigative journalism with movie star detectives. I really did think we would have a touch of mystery though. How wrong was I...

There are the 4 "IN"s when it comes investigating:

Intelligent
  • must be well thought out
Informed
  • facts, people involved, who is pulling strings
Intuitive
  • rely on your gut
Invest
  • a lot of yourself - money, time, mental health

I must admit, even though talk of investigating was nowhere near as cut throat as I imagined, it's pretty exciting to think I could investigate something. Imagine being the first person to discover something - cracking a case! Okay, now I'm thinking of detectives again...

I could not agree more with the quote from Lord Northcliffe - "...what somebody somewhere wants to suppress, the rest is just advertising."

Yes! For someone to really care about our story, we need to discover something the company/celebrity/friend is throwing at us. We all hear the same facts on each news channel each night - it's the shows dedicated to bringing new stories and questionable conclusions which really capture our attention.

Everybody must be hiding something. It is our jobs as journalists to find out what it is! Ahh, I can just imagine my shady dark raybans now, my brunette wig disguising my blonde locks...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment