Sunday 10 June 2012

YAY - I got something right

One quote from the news values lecture stood out to me for all the right reasons.




This is the quote by Julia Hossbawn. You see, I do a dual degree of Journalism and Communication, majoring in Public Relations. Many people question this - "Don't journalists and public relations HATE each other?"

When people ask me why I've chosen to do both, or how they connect, I'm never really sure how to answer. To be honest, when I chose PR as my major I wasn't even completely sure what it was. But, on my very first PR assignment, I chose to analyse an article written about the relationship between journalists and public relations. AND, would you believe it, I came to the same conclusions as Julia Hobsbawn!

#happylittlevegemite

Yes, I realise she is a PR executive, but it proves to myself I am actually on some sort of track (and am beginning to understand public relations, phew).

I know that journos and PR will always be in a competitive market, and obviously I can't be both. But I'm really enjoying the differences in them yet how they are so connected - even if it's not really for the right reasons.

It was such a thrill knowing someone worth quoting had the same ideas as me!






No comments:

Post a Comment